Go Run Missoula is an 8-week program offered once a week at various locations around Missoula. Sessions occur in the fall, winter, spring, and summer. Led by qualified professionals, we run, strength train, set fitness goals, and develop leadership skills. Each session includes community races, trail runs, weight lifting, yoga, obstacle courses, and running games.
Our Driving Values
- We believe that adverse experiences for youth can be prevented when they have the proper resources, education, and support systems.
- We believe that teens involved in unhealthy relationships and other adverse experiences can find safety and stability through the introduction of healthy support systems and the acquisition of leadership skills.
- We believe that successful prevention and intervention includes education on an individual level, organizational level, and community level.
- We believe that the development of a healthy fitness discipline provides an environment where youth can reflect on their strengths and vulnerabilities while exploring their unique qualities and the development of leadership skills.
OFFERED ALL SEASONS – Running is fun, affordable, and easy to learn. It helps kids improve in other sports, have strong role models, and encourages healthy friendships. The brain stimulation caused from running provides access to areas of the brain that allow us to feel vulnerable with others. This matters because young girls between the ages of 8-13 have a lot of stressors, and this is the perfect age to encourage self-exploration and positive peer relationships.
Offered at various outdoor locations in Missoula, activities include strength training, leadership workshops, trail running, community service, and obstacle courses. Entry to the Tony Banovich 5k and the opportunity to support a Missoula Marathon aid station with free swag and shirts included.
- Through participation in GRM, youth will develop the ability, confidence, and desire to be physically active.
- Through participation in GRM, youth will establish healthy relationships with their families, peer groups, and community.
- Through participation in GRM, youth will see increases in confidence at home and in school.
- Through participation in GRM, youth will experience increases in academic performance at school.
Confidence. Strength. Connection.
Help build a community where girls stand strong in the face of peer pressure, accomplish challenging goals, are physically active, and help their community.